Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time to hike again.

I've had a bit of a hiatus from my hiking, but that came to an end today. Hiking in Los Alamos is amazing, and today was no exception. Based on a tip from a fellow researcher, I set out to hike the Otowi Mesa trail. I originally thought that this would be a shorter walk, but because of the varied terrain, it took around three hours round trip.

Here's a rough idea of where I went:


View Hike - April 19 2009 in a larger map

It was a fantastic time; check out the album on my Facebook page. Here's a preview:

The hike made me feel better about missing out on a snowboarding trip to Colorado on which I was invited. Considering that P.O. Box 1663 was hit with ~5 inches of snow on Friday (and Colorado with even more), I'm certain the powder was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment