Wednesday, July 22, 2009

HUZZAH!

I've taken a short vacation, hence the lag in posts lately. However, I do have plenty to talk about.

The first item is the arrival of my Galileoscope last Friday!

Some assembly required, eh? Wasn't too bad, however, and soon I was spying on the neighbors looking at the night sky.

Unfortunately, the moon hasn't been out early enough to test the 'scope yet. Being a cheap instrument on a cheaper tripod, I had a lot of trouble getting stars into focus as well. Additionally, this is my first telescope, so I'm still learning how to use it properly. At this point, I'm waiting for the next night where I can get a good, clear shot at the moon. This will make for a much easier time getting objects in focus.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Unboxing!

    I heard some heresy about there being moons around Jupiter. I demand you find out, just keep the result on the down low lest you get put to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I heard some heresy about there being moons around Jupiter. I demand you find out, just keep the result on the down low lest you get put to death."

    GREATEST.
    COMMENT.
    EVAR.

    ReplyDelete