Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where's your local chapter?

I have recently discovered the joys of the New Mexicans for Science and Reason group. I have added their radio show to my list of podcasts, and despite its inherent cheesiness, I would certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys quick updates on science and scientific issues on both a national and local (Albuquerque, NM) level.

What's that you said? You don't live anywhere near New Mexico? Fear not! Groups such as this have been popping up everywhere! They serve many purposes: debunking pseudoscience, delivering science news to the non-expert and layperson, and providing a grass-roots resource to those wishing to help advance good science. I encourage everyone to at least have a look at what's available near their hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment